Tuesday, October 22, 2013

More Randomness

It was kinda a big weekend for Bird.  Her girl's group had a "pink" pinewood derby.



She won!

Between Meaty's first place win at the Scout derby, and now Bird's win, we kinda dominated this year!  The part I love best is that The Greatest and the racing child did all the work.  I just showed up and got to be the parent of the fastest car on the track.

Knitting news is not so joyous.

I've been knitting tiny baby overalls, only they weren't looking so tiny.  I got to the point where you split for the legs and discovered...



they were really huge compared to a 0-3 month sleeper.

Ordinarily this might not have been such a big deal, but we live in the desert.  There is only a teeny tiny window where an infant can wear a hand knit pair of overalls without sweating to death.  I really needed these overalls to fit in that tiny window.

So I frogged.



All the way back to that safety pin.

I only cried a little.

I've now modified it and knit again to where you separate for the legs.

And it is still kinda wide and big.

Only now I'm so sick on knitting in the round on size 1 needles (I thought I had upgraded to size 2 but I accidentally grabbed my size 1, which is kinda a good thing, they would probably fit a toddler if I had knit them on size 2) I don't care if they ever fit anyone.  I shall finish them, and gift them, and be so glad to be done with them.

Fiddly size issues aside, they are stinking cute.

I've officially begun my crazy nesting phase of baby preparations.


If you don't hear from me for a few days you might want to send reinforcements for The Greatest.  We barely got the crib put together without strangling each other.

No comments: