Friday, March 09, 2018

Is This What Adulting Feels Like

So my new tweed sweater has progressed with alarming speed.

I thought I might be a little insane having chosen the fingering weight version of this sweater with thin yarn on tiny needles instead of the bulky weight version with thick yarn on big needles.  Who puts themselves through all those miles and miles and miles of stockinette stitch?

Evidently I do.

But before I knew it my sweater had a body


And a sleeve


(screen shot of a marco polo video I took for my friends showing off my one sleeved sweater.  Not an actual video.  Pressing play will do nothing.  Sorry for the frustration.  I cropped the screen shot but not enough.  Whatcha gonna do?)

Side note:  I'm not entirely sure what happened to my mirror between the time I photographed the body of the sweater and the time I photographed the sweater with a sleeve.  But obviously some serious stuff went down in my bathroom.  I could ask my kids but I'm not sure I actually want to know.

And then I had two sleeves (not pictured)  and I was soaking my sweater to block


I mentioned to a friend that I was soaking my sweater and she begged me to lay it out today and not let my gorgeous sweater mold.



So I did!

In an unprecedented display of knitterly responsibility I have laid my sweater out to block after only soaking for three hours.

I am just as shocked and amazed as you are.

If things go well and the cat doesn't ruin everything at the last moment I should have a new sweater by this time tomorrow.

No comments: