Friday, February 03, 2017

Failure Never Looked So Good

So it looks like I spoke too soon.

The Queen began her morning with diarrhea.

And once she was freshly bathed and the carpet/couch/clothes were all cleaned, she proceeded to vomit all over the carpet/couch/clothes.

The Greatest cleaned each mess while I bathed the Queen.

He really is The Greatest.

Her fever has returned so we spent all day like this.



And sometimes like this.



My back is killing me from all the hours in the rocking chair.  That evil vengeful spirit sure is taking revenge in small petty ways.

On the knitting front I finished my Find Your Fade Shawl.  Wanna take a guess where it is now?

That's right.

I put that baby in The Abyss to sit and await blocking.

My goal in knitting this shawl was to create left over sock yarn.  Having a super cool shawl was a bonus.  I failed a little in my primary directive.


I used seven colors but I only have six left over balls.

And that one ball on the end


It isn't big enough to actually do anything with.  Cat paw included for scale.  And also included because she wouldn't leave my yarn alone.


Seriously


She wouldn't leave the yarn alone.

All my yarn was once again on the floor as I searched for the perfect stash combination for my next Find Your Fade Shawl.  Why am I knitting another one?  Because this pattern is addicting that's why.  It ought to come with a warning label.

After considering several combinations I finally settled on this one.



You might notice that two of the yarn ends from the precious shawl will be making an appearance in my second shawl.

So that's a double fail on the left over yarn ends.

But I'll have another awesome shawl.  So there is that!

No comments: