Tuesday, August 08, 2006

What's not to love about cabbage?

I know. I go and post my very melodramatic post, and rile everyone up. Then I go silent. Nothing. No updates, no news, no knitting. Everyone is worried that I'm sitting on the bathroom floor chain smoking and cutting myself. Don't worry. I'm not. Like I said, I'm too old to think that kind of magical thinking would help. I'm just sad. The reality of my Mom being gone hits me so hard I can't breath at times. I can't think about it too much, or too hard, or it gets too big to handle. It's just life, unchangeable, uncontrollable. I'll be alright, but just in case I'm back on my meds.

Since we've established that I haven't been on a self mutilation spree, what have I been doing over the long weekend? I've been knitting of course. I've thrown myself into UFO August with wanton abandon. I've got a FO for today. A FO for tomorrow. And if I get off my lazy butt and block it, an FO for Thursday! So without further ado allow me to present

Mon Petit Chou

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pattern: Mon Petit Chou, I think a small hipster and a medium top, but I don't remember

Yarn: Cascade Fixation, 2 skiens

Needles: Size 4 Circulars, Size 6 Circulars and Size 8 Straights (at this point it goes without saying the circs were Addi Turbos)

Modifications: None

Review: I finished this project ages ago, at the beginning of summer. Then the poor thing sat in the bottom of my knitting bag waiting for blocking and ribbons to be sewn on. I finally did that yesterday. Can I tell you how much I love this knit? The top is alright. Don't get me wrong, the top is cute. But the bottoms are so comfortable. Just so comfortable. The fixation has elastic in it, and I just love it. I don't think you could wear these under a pair of jeans, but they're perfect for those lazy weekends where you don't actually get dressed, you just lay around watching tv, ordering delivery and feeling your muscles atrophy (not that I've had a weekend like that since I had children, but I know there are people out there who still live the high life). I tried pinning the piece out on the carpet to show off the lace pattern.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It still doesn't do the pattern justice. It was another easy knit that results in a complicated looking finished project. The yarn was generously given to me by my Secret Pal Swap. Thanks again Trixie G!. If you're so inclined, I highly recommend this pattern.

Now not to give away anything. But tomorrows finished object? My very first all by myself design. tee-hee. Just gotta pretty myself up to take some pictures of it. And charge the batteries in the camera.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Your MPC is lovely! You did a fabulous job. I agree, it is a fun pattern and looks much more complicated than it really is.

I plan to finally finish mine this month, too. Maybe I should join that UFO KAL...

knottygnome said...

ooh, so cute! i keep meaning to get around to making this...someday.

shizzknits said...

Very cute and perfect for the 'high life'. :)

Hannah said...

I am sorry to hear about your mom but glad you are doing better.

Very cute knits, btw!

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! That is very lovely!! Great job on it!

Take care and hugs!

CASP :)

Baigneuse said...

Very cute! This makes me want to bump it up my "To Knit" list.

Elysbeth said...

Thank you for sharing on your blog. Especially the truths that sometimes don't have words. You express them well. It's very unjust that the world stops, the universe ends but because other people don't know it and they keep living their lives, you have to keep going along and living your life. If they only knew what you knew, the world really would stop.

Good strength.

Anonymous said...

That's so cute-I'm glad you're wearing and not me-I would probably scare the natives.