Friday, June 22, 2012

Just A Typical Day Around Here

Yesterday turned out to be a surprisingly eventful day.

Let's not forget the fact that I started the day off by finishing three handknit items *smiles smugly to self, please try hard not to punch me*

The day took a turn for the worse when my poor Bird came down with her very first migraine. She appeared before me looking pale and announced "I finished my reading and now my eyes are full of colors." I questioned her some more about the colors. She said they were bright and they made shapes "that aren't real shapes." Poor baby. I gave her some tylenol (which she loves), half a can of Dr Thunder (which she hated) and then she laid down in my bed with some ice packs and my mp3 player to listen to an audiobook (she requested Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2, imagine her surprise when I explained there was only one Deathly Hallows book).

Photobucket

When she woke up later I asked her if the ice packs and the nap helped. She nodded yes and then declared "Harry Potter really helped too." I'm sure he did baby.

 In an effort to keep the house quiet for the sleeping Princess I gave Sweet Pea highlights.

Photobucket

Purple highlights!

Photobucket

And we painted our nails.

Photobucket

Later I got dressed to go to knitting group.  I realized I had combed my hair, and put on make up, and I looked kinda presentable.
Photobucket

Then I realized the newly wound ball of sock yarn I had prepared to take with me to knitting group was a perfect match for my shirt.

Photobucket

Then I realized my shirt was also a perfect match for my newly finished sweater.

Photobucket

I really do have a sickness.

 Of course it seemed like the perfect time to have a few pictures snapped of me modeling my awesome new sweater for my blog.

Photobucket

Then I remembered that I feel dumb having my picture take. That and my twelve year old is a terrible photographer (sorry baby. You've got lots of other talents, but photography simply isn't one of them.  Go back to writing your novel).

 So we ended up with shots like this

Photobucket
"The thinker"

Photobucket

"Surprise"

Photobucket
"Laughing so hard at what big dorks we are"

I did manage to get an almost presentable shot of the back out of her.

Photobucket
It is slightly blurry, but at least it is not a picture of my butt a la The Greatest. I'll give you all the relevant deets on my sweater tomorrow. I am already too picture heavy today.

All in all it wasn't a bad day.

1 comment:

Pumpkin said...

Such a pretty sweater! Ah and that sock yarn looks wonderful!