Monday, April 08, 2013

A Whole Lot of Nothin'

I've been trying to blog since Friday.  I just can't pick a place to start.  I can't find words or a story or an interesting angle.  I got nothin'.  So here are some random pictures with commentary.

Meaty stayed home from school today.



He and The Greatest have spent five hours playing Call of Duty something-or-other.

I'm pretty sure he is going to school tomorrow.



I've been really loving living in that tiny slice of life where it is warm enough to open all the window, but not hot enough to require the air conditioner.

This lovely slice of life usually lasts about five days.

I love having our windows open.  I love feeling the breeze.  I do not love the smell of the air when the local farmer fertilizes his field.  But I do love snuggling deep into my covers as the cool breeze blows.



I do not love going to the library and having a dust storm blow through coating absolutely everything in the house with a fine layer of ick.

On the plus side Sweet Pea is getting really good with her letters.




We had our first tiny ripe cherry tomato.



It was delicious.  It was warm and tasted like my childhood eating the sun-warmed vegetables out in the field at my Grandparent's farm.  I'm not sure we were allowed to be out in the field eating the sun-warmed vegetables, but we did it anyways.  And they were the best vegetables ever known to man.  And this is what my tiny ripe tomato tasted like.  Mmmmmm...childhood.

We also had our first plant die.  The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh.  And I'm sure the death of the plant had nothing to do with my mad watering skillz.  Absolutely nothing at all.  It isn't like I got really busy and didn't water the plants for three days in a row or something bad like that.








My boy dog likes to sit in the dog door.  I'm not quite sure what he is doing.  Is he guarding the door?  Is he watching the comings and goings of the humming birds and lizards.  Is he just indecisive on whether or not he has to poop?  I can't even begin to fathom the inner workings of his head.  But he cracks me up when he does this.






I love my baby being sweet with my baby.  Makes a Mother's heart swell with joy.




And finally my knitting.   From a humble pile of hanks...


My knitting grows...



And grows...



I'm hoping it becomes a sweater when it grows up.  But I seem to be using hanks of yarn at an alarming rate.  Since this is yarn from a frogged store sweater, so it isn't as if I can run out and get more, I really hope I don't run out of yarn.

No comments: