Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Purple Haze

Have you ever found yourself yelling at your child "Put this sweater on it's alpaca!"

No?

That's just me?

The Queen will never understand how spoiled she is.

 Seriously.

Who looks that unhappy when they're wearing a hand knit alpaca/wool blend?


I think she was just too busy to model.  She needed room to run and play.


Pattern:  Cozy Saturday

Yarn:  Knit Pick City Tweed DK

Needles: Maybe the size 6 and 7 the pattern calls for.  Maybe.

Modifications:  As always when I knit a sweater for the Queen I shorten the sleeves and lengthen the torso.

Review:  First let's talk about this yarn.


Look at all that tweed to love.  I am have a torrid affair with tweed right now.  I can not get enough of it and I want to knit ALL.THE.THINGS. in soft tweedy yarn.


What's not to love?


The Queen was incredibly busy.

So I had to bribe her with a donut


So I could try to get a shot of these gorgeous cables and lace.



Seriously.

I need to knit ALL.THE.THINGS in tweedy cables.

The pattern was pretty straight forward and easy to use.  It runs from size four to adult sizes so I am incredibly tempted to knit one for each of my daughters.  They are too old to think dressing alike is fun anymore.  But maybe if I knit each of them one in their favorite color they'll make an exception?  Just this once?

I think I just hatched an evil plot.

Must order more tweed!

No comments: