Monday, March 05, 2018

Dangerously Obsessed

So I was not exaggerating my current obsessive love affair with tweed.

My Husband just wishes I were exaggerating.

Every year I pick a "favorite sweater," usually one that was recently knit, and this "favorite sweater" becomes my go to item worn everywhere every day.

This is my current "favorite sweater"



Does it look familiar?

It is my Tweedy Sweater that I was knitting all the way back in October 2016


Look how tiny the Queen was!

Look how dirty my mirror was!

Just keeping things real around here.  I've got five kids who splash when they was their hands.  Sometimes my mirrors gets dirty.  I'm just grateful they wash their hands.  It's the tiny victories that mean the most.

But back to the sweater.

On any given day I look like this


Because this sweater is long, and cozy, and warm and awesome and did I mention the tweed?


Cause look at all those gorgeous tweedy flecks!


The back isn't too special to look at.  This sweater had a fun construction where you knit it horizontal, then you picked up stitches and knit it vertical.  Which might show more if I had knit it with plain yarn but I don't care, no f*cks to give, because TWEED!


That tweed lace collar is life.  This sweater is life.  Tweed is life!

(Random details:

Pattern:  Old Town

Yarn:  Knit Picks City Tweed DK, in Obsidian, I bought 15 balls, I think I used 13.

Mods:  I made the sweater LONG.  I regret nothing!)

And because wearing all tweed all the time isn't enough...


I am currently knitting ANOTHER grey tweed sweater.

And I may or may not have ordered more tweed yarn yesterday.

This time in Blue.

My intervention is scheduled for Wednesday next week if you would like to attend. 

If you plan on coming please bring tweed yarn.

No comments: