Saturday, March 10, 2018

I Don't Always Use Tweed

So tweed isn't my only obsession.

I have also decided I need to FRINGE ALL THE THINGS.

And it is all this shawl's fault.


Just look at it.

LOOK.AT.IT!!!!!!!!!!!


That fringe couldn't be more glorious if it tried!


Look how perfectly it flows.


Gaze at the glory of my still dirty bathroom mirror, I mean, my layers of dangly yarn bits.


This shawl is my current favorite thing!

As a bonus the yarn was self striping and it just transitioned so seamlessly with the pattern.

It was such a lucky fluke.  I couldn't have done it so perfectly if I had tried.

Pattern:  Farmhouse 

Yarn:  Lionbrand Mandala, 2 skeins (I know!  I used 100% acrylic yarn on this project and it's still my favorite thing!!!!  I was blown away by this yarn.)

Needles:  Who knows.  I knit this back in September and then fringed it in December.  The pattern calls for size 9.  I probably used my size 8 Addis.

Modifications:  I don't remember exactly, but I think I added a few more garter ridge repeats, and I know I added extra rows to the thick garter section near the bottom.  And I think I might have added extra garter ridges after the thick section.  I played with the yarn when I added the second skein to manipulate the striping.  I took a billion years to add fringe  I finally decided to fade the fringe colors instead of doing random colored fringes, and I'm so happy I took the time to do that.  The fringe is hands down my favorite part.

Pork Chop also loves this shawl.  She loves it so much I sent her to the store with her Father to pick out two more skeins of this yarn (I told you I LOVE this yarn)
so I could make her one of her very own,

This is what she choose.  


She laughed because she is getting ready to go to college and out of all the colorways this yarn comes in she fell in love with the "baby" colors.  I see nothing wrong with that.  No matter how big she gets she will always be my baby.  I hope she remembers that every time she wraps up in her shawl.



It is currently a teeny tiny baby shawl.  But it is progressing nicely. The green is closer to true color in the first picture than in the second.  It is super bright.  I'm thinking of saving all the bright green from the second skein to make the fringe exclusively retina burning green.  As green is her favorite color I think Pork Chop will approve.

No comments: