Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Knitting Magic

Sometimes a project just comes together.

It starts with a tiny triangle



That grows



And grows



And grows



And before you know it you're blocking a shawl



Add some fringe



And you've got the happiest Pork Chop ever.







I think she and her neon fringe will be very happy together.



I am so in love with this combination of pattern and yarn.  The entire project took five days start to finish.  Just over three to knit.  One to block (side note:  can you believe how responsibly I blocked this?  A few hours in a bowl of water and it was on the floor for the cat.  What has gotten in to me?).  And a few hours on day five to fringe.  At first I was concerned that there was too much yellow-green at the top, but we combined the blue from two skeins to create the corresponding huge stripe of blue.  I think it balanced out beautifully.  And the neon fringe is probably my favorite part. 

Because FRINGE.

It was knitting magic.


I just so happen to have two rolls left in my stash in the "Pegasus" color way



I am tempted to knit this a third time.

So very tempted.

I just need to decide how to organize the stripes/fringe.  I may need a third skein so I can make the fringe all that deep teal color *gazes at yarn with starry eyes dreaming of deep teal fringe* 

Maybe...

No comments: