Tuesday, March 06, 2018

I Spy

If you were paying attention yesterday, and you weren't too blinded by all the glorious tweed, you might have noticed I was wearing another fine piece of knitting.


What is that beautiful cherry and cream knitting around my neck?



It is the BFF Cowl.

I knit the cherry red part back in 2012.  My Knitting BFF knit the gorgeous cream colored half.  We each knit one cocoon pattern and one seed pod pattern.



Then we traded so I have



A red seed pod and cream cocoon.  My BFF has a cream seed pod and red cocoon.

Of course upon completion I put the cowl in my "to blog" stack of knitting.

Also known as where my knitting goes to die.


The cowl waited patiently until I gave up on blogging and just started wearing.


On oh how I love wearing this cowl.  It is wool.  It is silk.  It is soft.  It is perfection.  And it makes me think of my knitting BFF every time I put it on.

I wonder if she wears hers and thinks of me.  We don't talk like we used to.  But that is true of everyone I know since the Queen was born.  My life took a major upheaval and I'm still digging out a new "normal."  But the love is there.  She's the kind of friend you can just call and talk to after months of no contact and it is like no time has passed at all.  My life is richer for knowing her and I'm so happy she took the time to create this gorgeous project with me.  

No comments: