Sunday, May 27, 2018

Telling Bad Stories

Yesterday Sweet Pea came downstairs and said "Wanna hear a story?  I used the bathroom and when I was done I threw up!"

It was a terribly story.  But in her defense she's only ten.  Her story telling skills are not yet fully developed.

She proceeded to spend the rest of the morning throwing up with intermittent diarrhea thrown in the mix just for funsies.

Luckily it only lasted the morning, and by lunch she was sipping sprite, and eating popsicles, asking me for a sandwich.

I was only in the kitchen for a moment but when I returned The Queen was seated on the floor quietly dipping Sweet Pea's left over germ infested popsicle stick into Sweet Pea's equally germ infested cup of sprite.  Horrified I could only watch helplessly as  she licked the germ infested sprite covered popsicle stick.  I screamed "No!  Don't do that."  Realizing she had been caught red-handed she dropped the popsicle stick and began to guzzle the stolen cup of sprite as fast as she could knowing it would soon be confiscated.

Sock Monkey.

I knew no good could come from this.

The Greatest and I speculated on what the incubation period of Sweet Pea's bug might be.

The answer is 15 hours.  The incubation period is 15 hours.

That's how I found myself at 4:45 this morning holding a puke bucket before The Queen like a peasant with an offering.

Three rounds of vomit and approximately 592 soiled diapers later I think the worst is over.

But dang, I'm tired.

I had intended to take pictures of my "Sunday Morning" cardigan, because blogging it on a Sunday Morning just felt right.

But dang, I'm tired.  And I don't have the energy for eye liner.  Or things like combing my hair.

I do realize I'm not telling a good story either.  See again the bad story about getting up at 4:45 to deal with vomit.

So instead of any more bad story telling please enjoy these pictures of Sweet Pea wearing the sweater I knit for her from the yarn leftover from my Sunday Morning cardigan.


It is another Berenice Sweater.  There was a point when I thought I would make one for each of the girls but then reality rushed in and stomped all over my dreams.  I knit one for the Queen.  And then I knit this one for Sweet Pea.  And then I couldn't find yarn to knit one for Bird.  And I didn't feel up to trying to resize/modify the unusual construction of the sweater in a thicker yarn for Pork Chop.  And then someone put The Queen's sweater in the dryer and it felted.  And then I gave up on my dream.



But that's okay because look how cute my Sweet Pea is!

I do LOVE all the details and textures in this sweater.




And in a fun note when I went to take a picture of the back of the sweater


I realized that Sweet Pea was wearing the sweater backwards.

I guess that means it is super versatile?

And she has lots of room to grow?

Just trying to focus on the positive.  Now please excuse me while I go change diaper 593.  How much longer until bedtime?

2 comments:

Gain Credit Pvt said...

Are you tired of seeking loans and Mortgages,have you been turned down constantly By your banks and other financial institutions,We offer any form of loan to individuals and corporate bodies at low interest rate.If you are interested in taking a loan,feel free to contact us today,we promise to offer you the best services ever.Just give us a try,because a trial will convince you.What are your Financial needs?Do you need a business loan?Do you need a personal loan?Do you want to buy a car?Do you want to refinance?Do you need a mortgage loan?Do you need a huge capital to start off your business proposal or expansion? Have you lost hope and you think there is no way out, and your financial burdens still persists? Contact us (gaincreditloan1@gmail.com)

Your Name:...............
Your Country:...............
Your Occupation:...............
Loan Amount Needed:...............
Loan Duration...............
Monthly Income:...............
Your Telephone Number:.....................
Business Plan/Use Of Your Loan:...............
Contact Us At : gaincreditloan1@gmail.com

Candyce said...

I love how you tell of this. I really do think you have writing skills and could write a book!