Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Is it Fall yet Y'all?

The calendar says it is September 18th.   Which sounds like fall.

Unfortunately our weather forecast for today is "Sunny with a high of 107."

That doesn't feel like fall.

It feels like sweat.

*le sigh*

Despite the conflicting opinions regarding which season it is (and I guess it isn't really a conflict since Fall doesn't officially start for a few more days anyways.  The weather and the calendar are actually in agreement that it is still Summer) this weekend felt like a good time to "fall-ify" the house.



It makes my soul happy.

The Queen has decided she will only eat from one food group at a time.


It makes her soul happy

Today's lunch was brought to her by the "things that are white" food group.  She did make allowances for the brown chocolate milk in her sippy cup.  But that might have been because the offending colored milk was hidden.

On the knitting front I am working on a gloriously green Slate Top for Pork Chop.  But miles of stockinette stitch on size 3 needles may mean I never ever ever do anything but create endless tiny knit stitches for the rest of my life.



This too makes my soul happy.  

So happy that I'm contemplating making a Slate top for myself with some beautiful white yarn I have in my stash.  That would be the third white sweater I've made for myself in the past two years.  I really like to live dangerously with the white tops and the messy toddler life.

1 comment:

kmkat said...

As a woman who regularly decorates her t-shirt fronts with splotches of food and who rues the resulting grease spots, I was overjoyed to find something that will actually take them out: Lestoil. In other news, I love your blog!