Monday, December 03, 2018

Sunday on a Monday Morning

I found myself wearing my Sunday Morning Cardigan the other day and since my hair was clean it seemed like a good time to take some pictures for the blog.

Oh how my standards have fallen.  I no longer wait for a good hair day.  My requirement is now merely that my hair be clean.

I've also given up on the idea of introducing my Sunday Morning Cardigan on a Sunday Morning.

Monday will have to do.

It's a cute comfy cardigan.


It is ginormous and warm.  Offering tons of coverage to be worn with leggings or a dress or a lazy nightgown.


I love the neat little rows of diamonds.



I love how easily the front flows.



But this sweater is also a hot mess.

I'm not entirely sure how the charts got past the test knitter.  Especially the decrease chart.  Pretty  much everyone on Ravelry has had to improvise the decreases because what is in the charts makes no sense and disrupts the continuity of the diamonds.

The sweater is knit seamlessly.  And this is a sweater that could benefit from a seam or two to help it hold its shape.  The flowy construction stretches too much without seams.  There is nothing to hold the shoulders.  When worn long enough the sweater inevitably ends up looking like this


Which is fine when I'm chilling at home, knitting with my cats.  But maybe a bit more risque a look than I planned on for an afternoon at the movies.  A shoulder seam to help keep the shoulders in place would not be a bad thing.  I'm tempted to create a line of crochet on the sweater to keep the shoulders from stretching.

If you're going to knit this I would knit a size smaller than your size.  That might help mitigate the issues with the lack of structure and side seams.

And there you have it. 

Proof on a random Mondday that I have actually completed a knitting project.

1 comment:

elvira said...

thanks for your post... I'm considering making this wrap. It's been about a year... Do you recall what yarn you used? :D thanks! {do you still wear it?/how's it holding up?}