Thursday, March 30, 2006

Pretty In Pink

or Finished Object #2.

I actually knit this a month or two ago, but I couldn't display it until I gave it to the recipient. Who by the way had her baby on Monday. She's 6 lbs, 15 oz and stunning.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Pattern: well, it started out as this,

Yarn: Knit Picks Shine Sport, in Blush, 4 skeins

Needles: Size 6 Addi Turbos

Modifications: Where do I begin with the modifications. I subbed the yarn. And I changed the gauge. I added butterfly eyelet lace along the bottom and next to the button band. I took off the hood and added a collar. The collar is a bit more mandarin than I had intended but I think it turned out just fine.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Review: I'm just loving the knitpicks Shine. And now they have Shine in Worsted weight. What's a poor girl to do? I'm pretty pleased with myself over the pattern changes. I think I'm dangerously close to creating my own sweater patterns (more on that later). As you know buttons are the bane of my existence. I can never find the right ones when the sweater is for me, my still unbuttoned, and unworn Cardigan in Alpaca with Glitter can attest to that. But cute baby sweaters? Perfect buttons jump off the shelf for cute baby sweaters.

Image hosting by Photobucket

I love the butterfly lace design. The pictures all looked fine on my computer, but for some reason they aren't showing the eyelets to their advantage now. And since the sweater now lives with the intended I can't get a new picture. So you'll have to take my word for it that it's really cute.

I'm thinking of making a sweater for Bird with the butterfly eyelet. But with an empire waist. And possibly little bell sleeves. Don't all children need bell sleeves to drape and drag through the sandpit, and their ketchup, and the dog's water bowl. How could life get any better than that?

5 comments:

Chris said...

That is one lovely sweater! Heh, yeah, it sounds like you're almost designing already.

shiguy4076 said...

I love this sweater as you know. So beautiful. You should be designing your own sweaters. I'd buy the patterns. Of course I adore everything you do.
Shi

Knittypants said...

A very cute sweater. I love the changes you made to it, much more girly. You will be designing your own sweaters, looking forward to it!

Kimberly said...

Oh you really have been busy. Those hats and now this pretty sweater. It's adorable and I think you must continue designing your own sweaters.
Oh I don't know how you could interrupt Dora for a picture-there would be a murdered mama in this house if I even attempted it. :)

Bitterknitter said...

What do you mean "start" designing your own sweaters? That little pink masterpiece is an original design, since it bears no discernable resemblance to the pattern that you kinda sorta based your numbers on. It's really lovely, and you sell yourself short to claim you just made some modifications to an existing pattern. You designed a sweater from an existing "shape" Mama! Congratulations!