Monday, November 03, 2008

Not pants, but close

So after I knit the majority of the blue sweater, then decided to abandon it when it was nearly finished (check my side bar, there's an alarming trend going on there) I had to find something new to do to keep myself occupied.

I appeared to be out of crack (or I've forgotten where I left it with my crack-induced memory loss) so I had to find a new obsession.

I'm dreaming of little red baby pants for this coming holiday season. Can't you see Sweet Pea sitting by the perfectly decorated tree all lit with white lights, playing quietly with a toy, wearing little red hand knit baby pants? Yes, I know playing quietly by the tree is a pipe dream, the reality will be a screaming child playing with the tree, but this is my dream, so don't spoil it! She will wear a white onesie with her pants, and have a white headband with a big red ribbon on it. Or maybe a flower on the headband, a poinsettia perhaps? (fake of course, the real ones are poison, and despite her continued assault on my beauty sleep I still like the kid) Can't you just see it?

But I seem easily distracted these days (a side effect from the crack?), and before I could cast on for these tiny dream pants I was seduced by a side project.

My friend's daughter is taking ballet. And my friend needed help finding a pattern for legwarmer for her tiny ballerina. RAVELRY TO THE RESCUE!

In a matter of minutes I found a dozen suitable patterns just right for a prima ballerina in the making. And I was seduced by all the pictures of baby's in leg warmers. They called them baby legs to make them seem less 80's, but I wasn't fooled. They were leg warmers. And I was smitten. All those chunky baby legs in little sleeves of knit. I had to make some of my very own!

So I did.

Photobucket



Project: Legwarmies

Yarn: Lorna's Laces, Swirl DK in Berry, 1 skein

Needles: Two size 3 Addi Turbos

Modifications: I knit with two circular needles instead of dpns.

And it was so totally worth it.

Now getting a picture of these baby legs (yes I drank the Kool-Aid, they're baby legs, not leg warmers, thank you very much) proved to be a bit more difficult than knitting them.

I tried sitting her in a chair. But she wouldn't hold her leg still

Photobucket




And what use is it trying to show off baby legs if the leg is all blurry. So she took to waving her arm.

Photobucket



What can she say, she's a busy girl. She's got things to do. She can't wait around all day while I take pictures. Is it her fault if her arm is faster than my shutter speed? Then she decided she would rather stand on the chair

Photobucket



Then she just gave up and left.

Photobucket



But you get the idea. Cute baby, cute baby legs. Life is good!

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Enjoy those chubby lil legs! They're so fleeting! But the leg warmers are a great idea to save pant knees!