Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Easter Looming, again

It just wouldn't be Easter if I didn't get all angsty. This annual reminder of grief. Easter has arrived early this year. Or maybe it was just really late the year she died.

I think I've had my "Official Breakdown"tm for the season. Crying into the shoulder of the Greatest while he helplessly stroked my hair and assured me that he misses her too. Whispered assurances that my grief is not mine alone, but his as well. The burden of sorrow is not mine to carry alone, but the crushing load is shared. And in the sharing the load is lightened.

He went to several stores searching for Sweet Tart bunnies and chicks. Cause he knows I love them. And I know he loves me.

Some days you cling to the things you know.

I know she was beautiful.

And brilliant.

I know she loved me.

And I love her.

I know I will continue to miss her everyday for the rest of my life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can only guess of that which you speak, but I know I can pray for you to have peace about this grief.

Carrie Snider said...

*hugs*

zippy said...

From here on out Easter will always be a reminder of my special someone's passing too...my dad. And I too will miss him EVERY day of my life.

My heart goes out to you. I hope you can take comfort in the wonderful legacy she has left: you, wonderful YOU, your BEAUTIFUL family and all the good you each do in the world each every day as you remember and honor her.