Friday, July 27, 2012

Pain = Productivity?

So last week my ovary decided to explode.

I wish I was joking.

So it wasn't exactly my ovary.  It was a cyst on my ovary.  And it was awful.

What followed was a week of me sitting on the couch knitting. It would have been awesome if not for the excruciating pain.

I wish I was exaggerating.

It hurt worse than childbirth. I could not move without wanting to cry. Sitting still was the only thing that didn't hurt to do. Sitting very still.

 Narcotics helped.

And made me itch.

On the bright side knitting kept me from scratching all my skin off, so there is that.

I took this picture the day after my ovary exploded.


Photobucket


That's me, chillin with Dexter and my knitting while I sat very still.

 I took this one exactly a week later.


Photobucket


I know it is a crappy picture, but I get a pass on my camera work this week. I'm still in pain.

So a sweater in eight days. While on narcotics.  I'm lucky it only has two sleeves.  We'll have to wait until it dries to see if it actually fits.  It might be Pork Chops new sweater...

1 comment:

Lainey said...

Sorry I'm just now catching up.. OUCH! I've had a ruptured cyst on the ovary-- it hurt-- a lot!! So I'm with you and I know you're in an excruciating amount of pain! If I were you, I wouldn't have gotten anything done-- much less a sweater that looked as amazing as that one!