Friday, September 07, 2012

Just the Ususal

It must be Friday night because the children are snuggled on the couch with a big bowl of popcorn watching Dr. Who.  My little budding Whovians were completely blindsided by the *really old spoiler* loss of Rose.  I thought they might abandon The Dr, so deep was their sadness.  But they couldn't simply quit The Dr.  They had to know what happens next.  My Whovian junkies.

They've been extra cute lately.  Sweet Pea got a hold of Pork Chop's glasses.


Photobucket

Ridiculously cute isn't it.  I wanna buy her a pair of glasses just because.  Last year Bird was so disappointed that she didn't need glasses that we ended up buying her a pair of frames with plastic lenses just to ease her pain.  So it wouldn't be the first pair we'd bought a pair of decorative lenware.

Speaking of Bird, this morning Bird informed me that her shoes were boyfriend and girlfriend.  In fact all her shoes had boyfriends and girlfriends.  I asked her which one was the boy.  She told me the left one was the boy.  I asked which one was the girl.  She informed me that the right one was the girl because "girls are always right."  I'm such a proud Mamma.  Reminds me of that thing I've seen on pinterest.


Photobucket


So very true.

Ummmmmm, what else?

Monsoon are making my head hurt so I've done a ton of sitting on my butt and knitting.   I've escaped from sleeve island, and I am now in seaming hell.


Photobucket



I don't understand what I have against finishing work but I really don't love it the way I love knitting.  Now that the individual pieces are being sewn together it is starting to resemble a sweater.  It is starting to resemble a 12 year old girl size sweater.  I don't think I can continue working on it in front of the children.  So I've cast on for Meaty's Weasley "yarn shirt".


Photobucket



I wanted to use maroon for the contrasting color, but I couldn't find my ball of maroon yarn.  So it is brown and darker brown.  I kinda love it.  Hope he does too.

That's about it for today.  Tomorrow I've got an action packed day of laundry planned.  And to add in extra fun I'll be deep cleaning the kitchen.  Be still my beating heart.  I don't know how I'll take the excitement.  I know I've said this before, but it bears repeating, being in charge is so over rated.

No comments: