Tuesday, April 15, 2014

It Was Cute While It Lasted

I'll admit it, the loss of my sock knitting needle was rather demoralizing.

I don't think I'm overly hard on my needles, but I also don't think that Knit Picks makes a crappy needle that falls apart if you look at it wrong.

I don't know what's happening here.

To soothe my wounded soul I turned to hooking.

I've recently invested in a hands free bra for pumping (yes, as I explained to the pediatrician yesterday, I'm still doing that).

The words "life changing" are not an exaggeration.

How did I pump for four months without one?

At the very least it makes it so much easier to feed the baby/play with the baby while I pump.

On the life changing end of the spectrum, if the stars align just so, and a grey cat walks backwards, and a lizard in the back yard sings "Roxanne" while I sacrifice a chicken, then sometimes Squishy naps while I pump, and then I get to KNIT while I pump.

Or in this case crochet.


One pumping session and oh-my-goodness-they're-so-cute-I'm-going-to-die!

Barefoot sandals.

This needs to happen in every color imaginable.

Squishy wore them for ten minutes.

And then she lost one.

I'll always have the picture right?

2 comments:

Gracey is not my name.... said...

There are some really cute free patterns out there. I made a pair for a friend a couple years ago...Squishy's feet look so cute in them.

Mrs. H said...

Adorable and so typical for her to lose one. The temptation to glue stuff to babies' bodies is huge! I agree with you that you must be having a run of needle-y bad luck. I have been using KP needles since they were invented. I have broken one in use (size zero dpn) and had one circ fall out of the end like yours did. Considering I broke one sock needle PER SOCK before I started using KP needles, that speaks well of their needles. Of course, this doesn't count the ones I've stepped on, lost, sat on or the dog chewed on. There have been a few of those (though I have often sat on one and NOT broken it). I take responsibility for those.