Sunday, May 04, 2014

Sunday Night Random


I love knitting tiny baby things.  They knit up so quickly.

I know I should be working on Squishy's quilt.  I should do it.  I should just do it.  I love pretty quilts.  I love having pretty quilt that I have made.  But the process of creating the quilts just isn't as exciting for me as the owning of the quilts.

So instead of quilting as I should, I've cast on for something new.


This is my very favorite yarn in the whole wide world.  It was handspun by a beloved friend of mine.  I love everything about this yarn.  I love the smooshy feel.  I love the colors.  It reminds me of the beach and mermaids.  I love how the colors twist around one another.  I've tried knitting this into something several different times, but it always ends half way through with a trip to the frog pond.  I've never been able to create a finished object that I love as much as I love the yarn.  I'm not sure this version is going to be "IT" but I'm trying.  I think I just love this yarn and love the maker so much that no pattern can live up to my expectations.  That is a lot of pressure to put on one little pattern.  We'll just have to wait and see where my fickle mind takes us.

In random cuteness


Sweet Pea was serenading Squishy with her own rendition of "Let It Go."  I think all children ages 2-13 are now legally obligated to sing this song at least four times a day.  Sweet Pea was just belting it out double time when I hear her joyously sing "I'm never going back, the past is in the a$$."  I asked her to repeat it and sure enough, that is exactly what she sang.  I assured her that wasn't how the song went and the words were "the past is in the past."  She is pretty sure I'm wrong, and even if I'm not, she wants to sing it her way.  I'm all for artistic interpretation, but just this once I think it is important for her to get this one right.

But not until I get a chance to get her version of film.

2 comments:

Kat said...

Love the little sweater! What a lucky bugga! And yes, singing Let It Go four times a day is an absolute minimum which most kid lets choose to exceed as often as possible. I pity their poor school teachers.

AngelKnitter said...

I love you so very much.

And I love those kids!

And that sweater????? Love!