Thursday, May 08, 2014

This And That



My pretty blue knit has reached the pre-blocking phase.  Taking a luxurious soak in anticipation of blocking.  No project previously attempted with this yarn has ever danced so close to completion.  You will notice that I am not confident enough in the finished object to actually cut the yarn.  The tiny ball of remaining yarn is still attached just in case I decide to return this knit to its former state of smooshy yarny goodness.  Scarf or Skein.  Only blocking will enable a final determination.

I do have some yarny socky goodness to show off,


Pattern:  Naive Socks

Yarn:  Knitpicks Stroll Tweed Sock Yarn

Needles:  I started with my Knitpicks Harmony circular needles, but then they broke.  So I finished them on my blue metal dpns.  I can't tell you what size either one was.  I do think my mental needles are a size larger than my Harmony circs, but it does not appear to have affected the size of the finished socks.

Modifications:  I used these instructions for the heel turn.

Review:  This is a gorgeous sock.


See all those different cables twisting at different intervals.  The knitting felt fast as you anticipated the next cross.  Almost like how stripes go fast because you're looking forward to the next color change.  But if you're going to knit this pattern do yourself a favor and write out a cheat sheet for the different cable crosses.  The pattern only charts out the first forty eight rows.  After that you're on your own.

I wish I had better, more awesome pictures of the sock to share.  But alas, the socks weren't knit for me.  This was all the photographic proof I was able to capture of their existence before I slipped the sock into the gentle care of the U.S. Postal Service, bound for their true home.

Sometimes I am a very bad blogger.

As penance for my bad blogging I offer you this picture of baby cuteness.


I hope it is enough to earn forgiveness.

1 comment:

AngelKnitter said...

I need that baby, and those socks! I can make only one of them myself...