Monday, August 07, 2017

In Which I Try To Start Blogging...Again

Where did the summer go?

Seriously.

One moment it was April and I was planning for the end of the school year.  I had big dreams of lazy days in the swimming pool.

Meaty graduated 8th grade.



Then I blinked and it was the first day of school







I have a Senior in high school, a Freshman in high school, an 8th grader, a 4th grader, and the Queen is all ready to dominate in her first full year of Preschool.

Summer went way to quickly.  In summers past we have created a Summer To Do List and Daily Schedule that hung prominently on the wall in our Kitchen/Dining Room.  It was a fun way to make sure the children did their chores and that we had planned activities together.  I know if left alone I will give in to inertia and do nothing.  But this summer we decided to forego the to do list.  Which isn't to say we didn't go swimming, or eat ice cream or make craft projects.

We did.




It was just a more laid back less structured summer, that I think we all really needed.  Thanks to the skills their Grandma taught them, Bird and Sweet Pea kept us in a steady supply of cookies.  Pork Chop has a budding side business making bath bombs (We're still working out the recipe.  I think they're a teensy bit too oily but still pretty darn awesome.  The smell alone is worth having to scrub the tub when I'm done).  We ate our weight in popsicles and ice cream.

It was a good summer.

And a short summer.

It's time to get back to the business of learning.

And for me...KNITTING!

There has been knitting.




So fingers crossed I'll have a finished knit or two to show off six months from now. (that was a little joke.  and also maybe not a joke given my track record)

Here's to a fantastic school year and the best intentions to blog.

1 comment:

Candyce said...

Its so nice to see your family growing and changing! I always enjoy your posts so was so happy to see one!