Tuesday, March 05, 2019

Unexpected Cheer

So I gathered up all my favorite sweaters


The ones I wear on a daily basis.  The ones I keep within easy reach.  The ones I love.


I think it's safe to say there is a definite trend here.  

In my defense it isn't as monotone as it appears.  There's black, grey, chocolate, beige, tan, cream AND white in there.  It's a full range of neutrals.

So I guess I shouldn't have been surprised when everyone who knows me was confused when I started knitting with yellow yarn.


It is a bit of a shock to the system.

They were even more surprised when I informed them that I was knitting a sweater for ME with yellow yarn.

"Will you WEAR a yellow sweater?" they asked, the doubt obvious in their voices.

I shrugged and said "I don't know.  I guess we'll find out."

If I hated it I could always give it to Pork Chop or Bird, and even Sweet Pea has suggested that she too might enjoy a yellow sweater.

Pumpkin was especially obsessed with this sweater, trying to fake nurse on it at every opportunity.  The Greatest suggested if all else fails we could turn it into a blanket or pillow for Pumpkin.



This sweater had options.

Except when I finished it and put it on I discovered


This yellow sweater is exactly what I've been missing from my life.  It is unexpectedly cheerful.  And I adore it.  This light weight yellow sweater makes me feel sunny and happy.


Look at that glorious texture.  It is so perfect!


Look at those deep ribbed cuffs.  

Perfect!

And of course, my favorite metric for a sweater's quality, how does it look with my jammie pants?


PERFECTION!

And now that I have a yellow sweater I finally have a full rainbow of lesser worn sweaters.




Just look at that glorious colorful kaleidoscope of knit textures.


Cables, lace, knit/purl texture, stockinette, ribbing.  It almost makes me want to break out from my daily uniform of non-color.

Almost.

No comments: