Wednesday, March 06, 2019

Branching Out

I must be having a stroke or an aneurysm or a mid-life crisis.

First I knit a cheery yellow sweater, which we can all agree is a little outside of my wheelhouse.

Then I ordered this yarn from Knit Picks to knit a "Weekender" Sweater for myself.


Just look at those speckles of color.


Purple.  And orange.  And a touch of Cranberry.  Together?   In the same yarn? 

What is happening here?


Can you see how orange-y the base color is?  In some lights it appears to be cream, but it has a definite orange tinge.  The palest of pale oranges.


It is so pretty all yarn caked up and ready to knit.

While the shape of this sweater is very similar to other sweaters in my closet that I love (Hello, the easy one, and Boxy), the color is unlike anything I've ever worn.   I'm either going to absolutely love or 100% hate this sweater.  I have no idea which way I'll land.


This picture is completely gratuitous but if you look closely at the candle in the background you can see all the teeny tiny bites The Queen has taken out of the small candle.  I keep telling her it isn't food.  She's taken enough bites out of it to know it isn't food.  And yet, she can not resist the delicious vanilla scent of the candle.  I guess it speaks to her soul.  Note to self: buy some unscented candles so the home decor can be unmolested.

1 comment:

katiemetzroth said...

I wonder if anyone else binge reads your blog?
I haven't read knitting blogs in like a year. It was good to catch up!
Happy Saturday!!!!!
-Katie