Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Turning my day around.

I've been feeling rather melancholy these past few days. Maybe it's the typical post-holiday January blahs. Maybe it's the missing/presumed deceased cat. Maybe it's the letter I got from a lawyer talking about my "late mother", reducing her life to a list of assets. Maybe it's the weather.

our first overcast day of the year



This morning is unusually grey.

Maybe it's my knitting

I'm pretty sure I'm not shaped like a parallelogram, but I could be wrong.



It is also unusually grey. And unusually wonky. See how it is pulling into a parallelogram on one side. Or it could be a trapeziod. That one side is considerably longer than the other. What the heck Knitting? What the heck? It is the softest of soft acrylic (seriously, this acrylic is ridiculously soft and luscious). And because it is the softest of soft acrylic, I doubt this will block out. It is a pile of soft grey parallelogram shaped frustration.

I wonder if this is some kind of karmic punishment for adding to the list of unfinished things instead of finishing a project off the list of unfinished things. After all, I'm practically finished with Meaty's winter hat.

I know it looks odd, but its a hat.



Now that winter in the desert is almost over of course. All that is left is the sewing needle work. Weaving in seams, sewing in the lining, duplicate stitching the pattern on the front. I could finish this hat in about three hours if I tried. One evening of work and I could be done. And I might even be able to convince him to wear it to school in the mornings where there is still a hint of chill in the air. Yes, one evening and it could be done. I could be done. I'd have something real to show for my work. Something tangible that I created. Isn't that part of why I knit?

*sigh*I just can't get excited about finishing the knitting.

See.

Melancholy.

Despite my feelings of apathy twards it all, I had almost resolved to finally finish something.

Then I went to Bezzie's blog.

First of all if you aren't reading her, start right now.

Secondly, I've got to go find some cream colored yarn in my stash. ELF just might be the greatest Christmas movie ever made! I NEED a Jovie hat.

My day just might be looking up!

1 comment:

Bezzie said...

Thanks for the shout out! I'm one of those weirdos that loves the gray days. Can you squinch that sweater by pulling the opposite corners to make it square? Yes, squinch is a technical term.