Friday, February 04, 2011

Stationary

Still feeling unwell. My tummy hurts when I move. So I move as little as possible. This translates into lots of sitting still on the couch for me. I decided it would be a fine time to finally finish a little project a I started ages ago.

My friend wanted a hat.

So I knit her a hat.

Then it sat in my drawer waiting for the ends to be woven in for months. The longer she waited the guiltier I felt.

So I knit her another hat.

And it joined the first in the drawer, waiting for the final finishing work. Months passed. Guilt grew. I found the perfect pattern for some purple yarn I had purchased with her in mind.

I knit another hat.

But this time I finished all three hats. I've even taken photographic proof that I finally finished knitting for her (because she didn't believe me until I showed her photographic proof). But you must promise to ignore my un-brushed hair and lack of make-up. As I've already stated I'm feeling unwell and moving as little as possible. Brushing my hair would have required a larger commitment of going upstairs to find the hairbrush, and I was unwilling to move that much. You're lucky I got off the couch to go take some bad self-portraits in the bathroom mirror in the first place.


Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



Photobucket



I'm feeling unwell, and that makes me lazy, so I'll just give Rav links to patterns for anyone interested. The first is a Sockhead Hat. I loves this pattern so much. The second is a Jovie The Elf Knock-Off Hat. And I lied. That's not a Rav link. The last one is my favorite, Bertrand Louis. It is a cowl that can be worn as a slouchy hat or folded into a beanie. I'm going to have to make one for myself very very soon. Since I'm still feeling like sitting on the couch is all I'm capable of doing I might go cast on for one now.

No comments: