Friday, February 07, 2014

Twice a Year, Every Year

So earlier this week I took Squishy for her 2 month check up.


My big girl weighs 9 lbs 8 ounces.  Good Growing Baby!  And how cute is that hat!  It was a shower gift from a friend in my knitting/crochet group.  I've already requested more, one in every possible size and color.  Because...CUTENESS!

While I was gone The Greatest used the time to take down the Christmas decorations.  All that remains are the two (yes 2) 12 foot Christmas trees.  Twelve foot Christmas trees are ridiculously big.  And did you know in this era of downsizing people just give those things away?  That's how we acquired our trees.  But I digress.

The Christmas decorations are stored in The Abyss, behind my ginormous menagerie of crafting supplies.  All my crafting supplies had to be moved in order to access the area that has been designated for Christmas.  An area I might add that grows every year, slowly creeping into my designated crafting real estate.  Mark my words.  In three years I will be blogging either a) about how we rented a storage unit for the sole purpose of storing all the Christmas things, or b) how I had to move all my crafting supplies to a different closet.  We don't really need a coat closet after all right?  But again, I digress.

The Greatest moved all my crafting things to put away the Christmas decorations, and I returned home from our appointment to discover my former Christmas Wonderland had been transformed to this



A crafting Wasteland.  The entire contents of The Abyss strewn across our kitchen table.

It took me two days to sort it all out.

And remember this stack of nearly finished knits?

It was still there waiting to be finished.

I am pleased to report I sat down at knitting group and just pulled out random projects to work on.  In on afternoon I finished three items, frogged one project,


and in an uncharacteristic move, I threw one half finished baby hat away.  It wasn't worth finishing, the yarn wasn't worth salvaging.  I didn't want to look at it anymore.  Five items down!



Unfortunately I still have a sizable stack of things to block, or weave in ends, or add buttons.  See that pink thing?  Those are baby pants I knit Sweet Pea!  Wonder if I can get elastic put in the waist band before Squishy out grows?  Smart money might be on "No."

And for day 7


Utensil.

No comments: