Thursday, October 10, 2013

Random Ramblings of an Unfocused Mind

It finally happened.

I needed something from the Abyss, but I could not find it.  I sifted and searched, but the jumbled mess of half finished project, random skeins of yarn, with needles and hooks everywhere refused to give up their secrets.  The object of my query remained frustratingly hidden.

I had no choice.

I had to clean the Abyss.

Behold the organization!



Aren't you impressed?

I also organized my yarn cabinet while I was organizing things.



It's so purty!

Unfortunately all that organization unearthed a small mountain of nearly finished items that just NEED someone to get off their butt and for the love of all that is good FINISH THEM.



This should be fun right?

In the mean time The Greatest took a little vacation time.  I used his vacation to my advantage.  Is there anything more loving in a marriage than one spouse using the other spouse for slave labor?  I've only got 8 or nine weeks left.  It is time to get things ready for the nursery!   The crib was only the beginning.



Half finished baby crafts are everywhere!  We were moving along, feeling very productive, until we got to the dresser.  I mentioned wishing it could have a fresh coat of paint.  Taking the hint, The Greatest lovingly cleaned and sanded and painted a dresser for the baby.  He really is The Greatest!  We left it outside to dry.  And of course, last night, at three am, in the desert where it NEVER rains, the skies opened, and rain poured out.  All over the freshly painted dresser.  He gets to spend next week lovingly cleaning, sanding and painting the baby's dresser.  Again.

And I still managed to do a little work on my striped shawl.



I'm up to the lacey border and have fifty billion stitch markers everywhere.  I'm ready to have the project done.  You can't see in the picture, but I fear the garter stitch border on the sides of the shawl looks tight and I'm never going to get it to block out the way I need it to.  But I won't know until I try to block it.  Part of me is ready to chuck the entire project and find something less frustrating to work on.  The lazy part of me is too lazy to go find another project.

While I war with myself over what to knit, I've got some quilts rescued from The Abyss to mend, and little girl dresses to repair.  One dress has been in The Abyss for so long it began as Pork Chop's dress when she was in first grade.  I'm hoping once it is mended Sweet Pea can wear it. Yes.  It is sad.  I'm sure it says something terrible about me that I've taken this long to fix the ties, but I can't hear it over the sound of the sewing machine.

No comments: