My Shawl Is FINALLY Dry!
Let us all take a moment to do the happy dance.
Or maybe that was just me shaking my groove thang.
Either way it's all good!
Pattern: Dream Stripes
Yarn: Recycled Cotton from my Black Friday Sweater Haul
Needles: Size 6 Addi Turbos
Modifications: I didn't like the triangular shape so I used the increases from the Ka'ana Shawlette to give it more of a crescent shape. I also wanted a deeper shawl so I increased to 393 stitches before I began the lace edging.
Review: Because of the change in shaping techniques, instead of increasing 4 stitches ever two rows I ended up increasing 6 stitches every two rows. This gave the shawl a really impressive wing span.
Seriously, I couldn't even hold the entire thing out from end to end. I absolutely LOVE IT!
Look how flow-y and drape-y and romantic-y it is. Maybe I've been watching too many movies set in the Regency Era, but I love it. Absolutely love it!
I still think the top edging is a tiny bit too stiff and tight in comparison to the rest of the shawl, but it is a flaw I am willing to live with. This is definitely one for the "WIN" column.
And because this picture just cracks me up
Even the dog is impressed and possibly scared by my 31 week baby bump!