Wednesday, October 02, 2013

I Did It!

I finished the sweaters!  Blocked and with Buttons!


Pattern: Korrigan

Yarn:  Malabrigo Sock Yarn

Needles:  Size 3 Addi Turbos

Modifications:  I made a few.  I initially knit the yoke on size 2 needles, but my gauge was off, so I went up a needle size and got a much nicer fabric.  Based on ravelry reviews I changed the button band from the original ribbed band to a seed stitch band.  I also knit seed stitch at the wrists and bottom of the sweater.



I love how it turned out!  I also knit the body before the sleeves and knit the sleeves in the round.  Goodness knows I didn't want to have to seam the sleeves.

Review:  Not the most user friendly pattern.  It does not spell everything out for you, but if you are familiar with sweater construction you shouldn't have any problems.


The chart for the cables looked quite intimidating, but they are rather intuitive once you understand their construction.



And aren't you all impressed that I actually sewed buttons on a cardigan for a change!


I don't want to alarm anyone, but this might be a sign of an impending apocalypse.  Or it could mean I am nesting and getting stuff done.  As much as Pork Chop is looking forward to the rise of the zombies, safe money is on the second option.

I contemplated adding an i-cord border, but got lazy at the end.  Instead I used the remaining yarn to knit matching booties.



They're so tiny and cute!  I can't wait to put them on the baby!

3 comments:

Fiber Jewels said...

too cute...

AngelKnitter said...

Holy freaking adorable!!!

katie metzroth said...

Your sweater looks great!

I'm thinking about stocking up on some non-perishables just in case.