Thursday, November 20, 2014

Chilly (ish)

I got up with Queen Bean the other night around 3:30.  In the darkness I fed and rocked the evil baby who tortured me by giggling and giving me kisses while she deprived me of sleep.  At 5 am I crawled back into bed and shivered under the covers.  It took me a few moments to realize what this unnatural feeling was.  I was cold.  I would have turned off the ceiling fan but in order to do that I would have had to get out of bed again.  Instead I pulled the comforter higher and shivered back to sleep.  It might finally be winter(ish) on the surface of the sun.

To celebrate the arrival of the chill(ish) in the air I wore a hand knit scarf to the grocery store today.


Cause I'm fancy.

Pattern:  Wave

Yarn:  The most delicious handspun on the face of the earth from The Escaped Goats

Needles:  Who knows.  6?   Probably 8.

Modifications:  Knit until I ran out of yarn.

Review:  I knit this yarn at least a half a dozen times, and each time I frogged the item because the pattern just wasn't good enough for the yarn.  It wasn't lacey enough.  It didn't showcase the depth of color enough  It lacked some undefinable thing that I could feel but couldn't name.  It wasn't right yet.

I flove the blue green shades in this yarn.  It feels like the sea.  And I wanted a finished object that felt like the beach.  With lacey something, reminiscent of a fishermans net.  I wanted something that made me feel like a mermaid caught in a fisherman's net.

No pressure Ravelry.

I scoured the patterns, and swatched, and knit.  But nothing felt right.

I can't explain why this pattern feels right.


But it does.  I love it.

I took several cheesy pictures of me in my scarf


Then I remembered my vow to only model in "Blue Steel."


Fierce.

I hope it's cold(ish) again tomorrow.

2 comments:

katiemetzroth said...

a mermaid caught in a fisherman's net where The Greatest is the fisherman and ya'll lived happily ever after?

best blog about going to the grocery store ever.

Unknown said...

Love the line "..cause I'm fancy" We should all look so good going to the grocery store. Great scarf too!