Monday, May 04, 2015

Business As Usual

First of all...



Nine Days.

The Queen's baby sweater sat in water for NINE DAYS.

This picture wasn't even taken on day Nine.  It was taken around day Four.  I was hoping to shame myself into laying the sweater out.

Evidently I am shameless.

Surely there is a support group I can join.  Some sort of 12 step program.  There must be help available for someone like me.

And I only do this with my own knits.  When I block something for someone else I soak it overnight, I lay it out first thing the next morning.  Easy-peasy.  No trouble at all.  Is this a self-esteem issue?  Do I not love myself enough to block my hand knits?

I need help.

But not all hope is lost.

I have achieved the impossible.

I have washed all the laundry in the house.

Ever single item.

Seven people's worth of whites, lights, darks, jeans, towels, sheets, and even that laundry basket full of special wash items.  Including all the dirty hand knit socks.

I am currently trying to convince the children to wear the clothes they are currently wearing for the next week or so to avoid making new laundry.  Surely they can sleep and play in the same clothes for a few days without suffering much mental trauma.

They aren't buying it.

But I digress.

Since I was washing all the dirty hand knits, I figured I might as well throw Queen Bean's sweater into the wash with the load.  And then I laid it out to dry with all the other soggy woolen items.

It is officially blocked.

And without any unexpected safety pins.

Redemption!

Speaking of the Queen.


She is killing me with her cuteness today.

Seriously, this is why I can't get anything done.

How can you ignore all this cute?

No comments: