Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Who needs straight lines?

I've been a busy bunny. In addition to finishing all the scarves, I've finished my cute pink sweater. Sorry, no pictures of that, you'll have to wait until I give it to the Mom first. I've also made a few very cool things for my Knitty Secret Pal, but I can't show those either. I don't think I'm even a blip on my secret pal's radar, but you never know who could wander onto your blog, and I'd hate to out myself like that.

I've resumed knitting on my Shetland Shawl. The blue is very calming, but the pattern could give you an ulcer. Especially when you stop in the middle of a pattern repeat and put it down for a few weeks. I'd show you a picture, but it's just a big blob of blue knitting on circular needles.

I think I'll have to cast-on for some socks or something easy to work on when the children are awake. If I were a good wife I'd work on socks for The Greatest. But I really want to make a lacy sock pattern. I guess this is a test to see just how much I love him, socks for him, or socks for me? Maybe I'll just work on my shawl.

Since I have no pictures of current things to show I'll present you with this

Zig Zag Hoodie

Image hosting by Photobucket

Pattern: Mine

Yarn: One hank Dark Brown, One hank Winter White from Little Miami Alpaca

Needles: Size 10 straights

Review: Even though I had to completely frog this scarf at the last minute and re-knit the entire thing at the last minute (I blame Boyd for that) I'm very pleased with the finished product. I love the zig-zag lace.

Image hosting by Photobucket

Although I gave this scarf a deep conditioner soak Pork Chop still chanted "Itchy, itchy, itchy" when I put it on her. I tried it on Bird.

Image hosting by Photobucket

She just chanted "NO, Mommy, NO." *sigh* Maybe someday she'll love my knitted things.

Pattern: Cast on 22 stitches, eat chocolate
Rows 1,3 and 5: K2, *yo, k2tog, repeat from * to last 2 st, k2, eat chocolate
All Even Rows: K2, p to last 2 st, k2, eat chocolate
Rows 7, 9, 11: K2, *ssk, yo, repeat from * to last 2 st, k2, eat chocolate

work in pattern as set to desired length. Block, eat chocolate while waiting to dry. Fold in half and run an 8 from fold to create hood. Eat chocolate. Add some fringe. Look cute. Eat some chocolate.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Super cute! The girls, I mean. The scarf's cool too. I'm going to have to try that one.

Chris said...

What an excellent pattern - who wouldn't love eating all that chocolate?!

chris said...

The knitting world definitely needs more patterns like yours. Knit, purl, chocolate is my chant of choice! ;-) The hoodie scarf is beautiful and the kids are too cute. Take care! :-)

Knittypants said...

What a perfect pattern, I think you need to be writing some more :)