Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Sockettes anyone?

This might be a record, because I started them Sunday and I finished them Tuesday afternoon. I would have finished them Monday if I'd gotten to knit Monday night.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Pattern: One Skein Sockettes

Yarn: Cascade Fixation one ball, and a bit of a second ball

Needles: 2.5mm dpns

Modifications: I used a slip stitch heel instead of the plain stockingnette heel. And I used a slightly larger needle. I had 2.0 mm and 2.5 mm, and 2.75 mm, but no 2.25 needles, so hey, I improvised.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Review: I had this yarn left over from Mon Petit Chou (which I finished ages ago and really should block). I enjoyed working with it and wondered how a pair of socks would be with it. As you all know it was very fortuitous that this pattern arrived when it did. A quick easy knit, and the result is.....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A very comfy pair of socks. They're spring and stretchy just like the yarn. I'd like to get my hands on a few more skeins and try some other patterns with this. I'm not sure if they would hold a pattern well, or show it off to it's best advantage, but I'd like to try. For truth in advertising, I've never worn shorty socks, and these feel as if they're in constant danger of slipping off, but I wore them all night last night and they didn't slip a bit. I just have to get used to my ankles hanging out. I did use more than one skein. For what it's worth my feet are a size shhhhhhhhh 9 so you might want to take that into consideration if you make this pattern and have some extra yarn on hand.

So there they are my very pink socks.

I actually have quite a few finished ages ago and never blogged (my IK Sweater, girly blues socks), and nearly finished projects (mon petite chou, IK Chemise, Koigu Socks). I think I'm going to try to take care of those this week and get them off my sidebar. Just a little house keeping. Blogs are so much work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are adorable!

emotional girl said...

love the pink socks..pink has become my fav color recently :)