Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Starting Her Off Early

Is there anything sweeter than tiny baby feet?

Photobucket



Maybe baby feet in tiny hand knit socks?

Photobucket



Pattern: Baby to Toddler Socks, newborn size

Yarn: Team Feet

Needles: Size 0 dpns

Modifications: None

Review: Perfection, both socks and tiny baby feet. The Greatest thinks we need to start Sweet Pea off early on her life of Michigan Football loving. Tiny blue and gold socks on gameday are a good start. I tried to bribe the baby with these socks before she was born while I was knitting them. I told her she needed to be born before January 1st so she could wear these socks for the Bowl Game. She must have decided she is a fan because here she is!

I know in the past we've had trouble with this particular yarn being cursed, but when it's worn on something this sweet I think the curse has no power. Her baby cuteness can overcome any bad mojo. We'll see how it goes.

As far as the pattern goes I LOVE this pattern. I've knit a small mountain of baby socks (not that you'd know it from the blog, I didn't document anything this year, bad blogger) and this was my favorite pattern. I think they will be easier to get on and stay on longer than some of the other patterns I've tried. But since this is the first pair of handknit socks she has worn, we'll have to wait and see. Expect to see more wooly toe goodness in the near future.

Edited to add pictures because what good is a knitting blog without pictures. And to say that Baby Cuteness trumps Cursed Yarn. Michigan won 41 to 35. GO BLUE!

5 comments:

Amy said...

I'm sure the cuteness factor trumps any bad luck. Congratulations again, Mamma.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see pictures of baby girl's feet wearing Daddy's team colors. Surely that's enough to ensure a victory.

I couldn't be happier for you and your precious new baby girl.

Zonda said...

Love the socks and cute little baby feet!!

Stephanie said...

I actually rooted for Michigan yesterday, what is coming over me? I normally HATE them! LOL

She is so precious! So happy for you!

Bezzie said...

Awww...she is a sweet pea! Congrats on both the birth and the win ;-). The seniors got their first bowl win!