Thursday, August 09, 2012

Joyous News

Day two of school, and I gotta confess, packing lunches is already starting to lose its charm.  Only 178 more school days to go.  178  x 3  (don't mind me while I take a moment to find a calculator since I can't do that kind of complicated math in my head) =  534!  Only 534 more lunches to pack!  Wonder if I can just spend a weekend making hundreds of peanut butter sandwiches and stockpile them in my freezer?  Might be worth it in the long run.  Have I ever shared my deep love for freezer cooking?  I totally should.  I tried it out earlier this year and I am a deeply devoted convert.  A freezer full of meals just waiting to be stuck in the oven at the end of the day?  Heaven!  The only downside is you have to be very organized at the beginning of the process, and at this point in the game I lack the energy for that kind of organization.  I simply do not have the brain power to organize thirty meals in a weekend.  Which is a shame.  We could use a freezer full of pre-made food about now.  We had fried egg sandwiches for dinner last night.  The Greatest made them.  They were good.

But that is all rambling.  I'm really here for one reason and one reason only.

I am here to spread the joyous news.

Have you seen this?

Photobucket

Let me get out my fancy lens and get a closer shot of that for you.

Photobucket

Can you read that?  One more fancy lens and you can really see it!

Photobucket

ALPACA SOCK YARN!


It is alpaca!  And it is sock yarn!  Two of my great knitting loves in one lovely little hank of yarn.

Photobucket

My Step-Mom sure knows how to buy my love.

Don't you just want to roll around in the squishy alpaca goodness?

Photobucket


Photobucket

Why has no one let me in on this secret before.  If you knew and you didn't tell me, well, there's no easy way of saying this but you are now dead to me.  DEAD TO ME.

In unrelated grandchild cuteness - How cute is Sweet Pea working on her "homework"!


Photobucket

She's going to be reading before she starts kindergarten.

1 comment:

Lisa-24-7 said...

Alpaca sock yarn? I want some!
And I think it's great your little girl is reading :)