Friday, September 12, 2014

The Straight And Narrow

Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of Ravelry, I shall fear no pattern.

I have been tempted, mightly tempted.  The desire to shirk my responsibilities and run off with a fresh project is great.  But I have remained strong in the face of shiny new knitting possibilities.

There is Impromptu, and the new Knitty Deep Fall, and now that the World's Cutest Baby is sitting up all by herself I need to knit her a Mermaid Tail for the World's Cutest Photoshoot.

But thus far I have resisted the temptation offered before me.

I have conquered second sock syndrome.



I have finished the final third of my friend's socks.


With the knitting completed, both projects have retired to the "Needs Blocking Pile."


This is where my knits go to die.

But I have been diligent in sticking to my to do list.  Maybe I will bust out the blocking wires tomorrow.

Or maybe I will finish my super secret Knit Picks project, the final item needing knitting on my to do list.

Or maybe I will finally give in to the sweet siren song of a new project.  

There are worse vices to have.

1 comment:

Kat said...

Congrats on conquering the dreaded SSS!!! Way to go in your due diligence!