Monday, October 10, 2016

Knitting Updates

So I finished my fabulous red sweater.


So ridiculously cute right!!!!!!

I just need to block it and weave in the ends.  But I've been busy.  And I don't want to put my pretty pretty red sweater into a bowl of water until I am absolutely certain I will be able to lay it out to dry a few hours later.  I love it too much to take any risks with it.  The safety pins are all removed.  I will not weave in the ends until it is blocked.  I will not leave it to mold in a bowl of water for weeks on end.  I will soak and block in the same afternoon.   I have not found that magic window yet to do so.

The sweater sat on my kitchen counter for almost a week.  Then we were cleaning the house in preparation for company, and I swear it was instinct.  I don't even remember doing it.  But later I went to show off my super cute sweater and it took me a minute to locate it.


Habit had caused me to stash my pretty completed knit in need of finishing work in The Abyss.

My soul died a little when I found my beautiful sweater in the dark, where they may potentially be bugs.  Yarn eating bugs.  That would ruin my beautiful sweater!

I have not set my sweater in water to block yet.  But I have restored it to a place of higher visibility on my kitchen counter.

In other news, since the knitting on my red sweater is completed, I have begun knitting a new sweater.

Remember the great tragedy of my tweedy sweater?

I have 15 balls of city tweed and I am not afraid to use them.


So lacey.

So tweedy.

So cuddly.

I swear I kept my notes on how I knit the sweater the last time I tried to knit this sweater with this yarn.  But of course those notes are completely missing.

Because of course they are.

Storing them in a place where I could later find them and use them would have been helpful.  We can't have that.

My gauge is larger than the pattern specifies.  But I've decided to knit my size and hope for the best.

This sweater seems meant to be.  It is flying off the needles.


That right there is the upper bodice, including the lace collar, plus both sleeves.

Boom.

Two sleeves knit!

No getting stranded on sleeve island with this sweater.

I've got nothing but miles and miles of sweater body to knit as I marathon The Good Wife.

What more can I say?

Life is good.

No comments: