Tuesday, January 30, 2018

A Happy Ending

So I finished the thing.

Look how much yarn I had left at the end.


The two skeins were supposed to have identical yardage, but there was so much more left over of the black/grey yarn.  And I cast on and cast off with the black/grey yarn.  I only vaguely had enough of the rainbow yarn to weave in.

Weird.


I took the path of least resistance and just kept knitting with what I had.  I didn't alter the cast on number.  I didn't buy more skeins.

When all was said and done...



it was just over 53 inches.  Which is on the short side for an adult scarf. 

But it's just fine for a child scarf.

And I just so happen to have a house full of children who would love a stripey rainbow scarf.  It turns out I didn't really want to own a stripey rainbow scarf.  I just really wanted to knit a stripey rainbow scarf.

So I took a few pictures



I rolled it up into a sushi roll


And I set it on the piano.

And I waited.

It wasn't long before Pork Chop asked "whose scarf is this?"

I told her it could be hers if she wanted.

She grinned ear to ear as she wrapped it around her neck saying "this is the nicest thing that has happened to me all day."

And seeing her smile was the nicest thing that happened to me all day.

The End.

2 comments:

kmkat said...

The Noro striped scarf is one of the best patterns EVAH! Yours is delightful -- perfect for a child.

Candyce said...

It's beautiful! And to know Pork chop loves it so makes it even better!