Monday, January 29, 2018

No Self Control

So I did a thing.


Yup.

I cast on for a Noro Scarf with the Landscapes yarn.

Just look at those stripes


Who can resist knitting stripe after stripe of glorious rainbow colors?

Obviously not me.

But now I have a dilemma.

I have one skein of each color.  Ravelry projects say this can be knit with two skeins.  But most of those projects cast on for fewer stitches than the pattern suggest.  I cast the 39 stitches the original scarf called for and my scarf is a little over six inches wide.  While I love the wider scarf I fear I'm sacrificing length for width and I will end up with a scarf that is too short.

So I frog it all and reknit with a more slender cast on?

Or do I turn a stash busting project into a yarn acquisition project and attempt to track down a few more skeins of Landscape?  The nature of this project allows for different dye lots or even different color schemes.

Decisions.  Decisions.

I should probably go back to knitting my big mammoth cocoon while I mull over my choices in my head.

1 comment:

kmkat said...

Yarn acquisition! I think any scarf <6" is Too.Narrow.