Sunday, January 28, 2018

Project Monogamy is Hard

Friday marked the triumphant return to Preschool and Therapy for the Queen.

And we all breathed a sigh of relief.

Friday afternoon I found myself happily alone in a waiting room casting on for a second sock


Unfortunately shortly after cast on someone entered the waiting room reeking of cigarette smoke causing an instant migraine.  So this is all the further I got.  I'm starting to see why it took over a year to finish the first sock.  Good thing this isn't a race.

So..... I did a thing.

I cast on for the cocoon sweater in black mohair.


 It is a monstrosity.


So far I've knit 26 inches.  It will be 44 inches long when finished.  It's supposed to be a big huge square of stockinette stitch that will be folded origami style then stitched into place to become a cardigan.

I still can't decide if this is ...

A)  going to be the most wonderful slouchy warm fuzzy black cardigan ever that will elevate my slumming it at home in my comfy clothes game.

Or

B)  going to be a disaster of epic proportions that makes me look like a ginormous fuzzy black bear, or possibly a lumpy moldy potato.

Or

C)  it could possibly be both.  I'm going to have to solider on and knit the remaining 18 inches to find out.

But it's hard.  I don't wanna knit it anymore.  It's getting huge and unwieldy and I don't wanna deal with it right now.  I wanna cast on for something new!

Someone gifted me with these skein yesterday


So pretty right!  At first glance they don't seem like they would go together in the same project.


Look at those stormy greys!  Look at that rainbow!

How would you even use these two very different color schemes in the same project?

But I think they would be perfect together in a Brooklyn Tweed Noro Scarf kind of project and oh.my.goodness.I.WANNA.KNIT.IT.NOW!  It is taking all my self control not to cast on, and I think my self control is running out.  I don't want to be a grown up in my hobbies.  I want to run wild and fill all 27 of my random size bags with 27 random size projects in 27 random stages of completing.  I want to cast on ALL.THE.THINGS!

And in the midst of all this I found myself knitting a swatch for a new Knit Picks test knit.


Evidently project monogamy is just not a concept that is going to work out for me.

No comments: