Thursday, January 04, 2018

The First FO of 2018


So the only upside to my pounding headache, if there is an upside, is it hurts to much too move so I spent a rather large chunk of time sitting in the same spot and I knit.

The downside of this is I can't knit anything too complicated.  Too many of my brain cells are occupied with the constant throbbing dance they are performing against my forehead.  There are very few brain cells left over to use for things like concentration.

I'm dying to finish my pink socks



But all those tiny crossing cables.



Nope.  Not today Satan.

Instead I settled for a gentler cable pattern.  So subtle it almost isn't a cable pattern.

Sidenote, as I knit my nails were not matching, but coordinating in the same tone as my yarn.



And it made me very happy.

My finished socks also make me very happy.


Pattern:  Oscillatory Socks

Yarn:  Pattons Kroy Socks in Turquoise Stripes, 2 skeins

Needles:  1.5 32 inch circular needles

Modifications:  I knit a longer heel gusset.  The pattern only called for 24 rows, and I knit 32 rows.  And then I picked up extra stitches on the side of the heel gusset but decreased to the recommended 64 stitches for the foot.


I think the mod worked out well for me.


I love how the stripe pattern lined up, but the colors are slightly different on each foot.  They are brothers not twin socks, and I'm not mad.



Kroy isn't the softest or snuggliest sock yarn but the colors called to me.  And the socks should wear like iron.

Not a bad way to start the knitting year.

No comments: