Monday, May 16, 2005

I haven't knitted since I moved. I really don't have a project to work on. The Greatest told me yesterday that I really needed to knit. I guess he can tell my stress level is unusually high lately. I explained that I didn't have anything to knit, so he sent me yarn shopping. I tried to find yarn for next month's Mariposa Along, but couldn't find what I wanted. I fondled lots of fiber, but was completely uninspired. I flipped through my collection of patterns and while I have many patterns that I intend to make at some point none of them screamed "Knit me right now" at me. I need something vaguely mindless, stockingnette not ribbing, I'm in a sweater not a cardigan mood, nothing was right. Then I saw this pattern in the store

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The sweater is croctet, but I really love the edging. So I've decided to design my first sweater (Evil doesn't count, have I mentioned that Evil got packed and I can't seem to find it anywhere). I couldn't find a pattern I likes, so I'm making my own pattern. I bought some very cheap acrylic by the pound. I don't want to put too much money into this if it turns out to be a complete disaster. But I figure designing my own sweater will keep me off the streets and out of trouble for awhile. I'm going to have a wide scoop neck sweater. I haven't decided if I want to make the block patterns edge to bottom of the sweater like in the picture, or put it in the middle of the sweater like an empire waiste. It might be too wide to do that with. I'll figure it out. I've started making squares.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Aren't they pretty? Harley (my Parent's dog) is happy I'm knitting again.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Knitting, crocheting, and designing your own patterns? You *are* the Goddess! I can picture the blocks as an empire waist, and I love it.
Oh, and happy belated birthday to your little sweetie :)