Friday, November 29, 2013

I Should Listen To My Own Advice

Thanksgiving was a wonderful day.

As planned, we started the day off with pie, and hot chocolate.


I think this needs to be a new Thanksgiving Tradition.  I am happy to report all three pies were delicious.  Yay Me and my mad pie filling skillz!

The children had their beloved veggie tray



complete with sparkling cider.  The rest of the food didn't even matter.  Which is good.  Because I forgot to make rolls.  And we couldn't find the vegetable peeler anywhere, so we decided not to bother with mashed potatoes.  The rest of the meal was basically ham.  We had ham, a veggie tray, and pie.

Lots and lots of pie.

It was a good day.

Despite all my best intentions I didn't get to go shopping for potential yarn today.  My shopping partner's son came down sick yesterday.  He wasn't doing much better today.  So no shopping for her.  Which turned into no shopping for me.

Suck monkey.

Instead Pork Chop and I sat down with this mess.


And we made some new flower clips for their hair.



And Christmas Bows.



And Pork Chop made a very special bow to wear with her favorite Jack Skellington T-shirt.



And then we took all our favorite baby outfits...



And made matching bows.

Cause I'm going to be THAT Mom.

I've come to peace with it.

I did manage to burn a patch of skin off my arm with a glue gun.  And I have a second degree burn on the tip of my finger from accidentally touching the hot glue.  Pork Chop actually listened to me when I told her to be careful, hot glue is hot.  She managed to escape our crafting adventure unscathed.  So all in all not a bad day.

I'm now going to sit down with my Hitofude, and knit myself some bliss.

I have decided what disastrous turn my blissful knit will take.  I'm pretty sure it will have something to do with the sweater not fitting.  It is looking a little large, and I'm expecting it to grow a bit with blocking.  I'm too scared to actually do something like check my gauge to see if adjustments need made.  That would be the smart thing to do.

We all know I tend to shy away from the smart thing.

No, I'd rather knit and cross my fingers and hope for the best.

I've come to peace with this too.

No comments: