Friday, November 01, 2013

It Doesn't Feel Like Progress

So last night I got to go trick or treating with my peeps


That would be Cinderella, The Fairy Queen, a Mighty Hunter (or Duck Dynasty:  The Early Years), 2 Demon Hunters, and 1 Fearsome Demon.

The Cinderella dress Sweet Pea is wearing is a dress my Mom sewed for Pork Chop.  And the Fairy Queen costume on Bird is one my Mom sewed for me when I was a little girl.  It made me happy to have these tiny pieces of her that remain and continue to touch the lives of my children.  *Sob* I miss my Mom.

In a less depressed strain, even She-who-has-not-been-named got dressed up.


We're a "Mummy."  Get it?  Mummy!

Yeah, I crack myself up sometimes.

The Greatest got dressed up in his uniform, and then he went to work.  He's also working Thanksgiving this year.  I am such a holiday widow.  With any luck he'll be on paternity leave for Christmas.

In productive knitting new, I had to rip it out three times



But I think I finally came up with something I can live with.  Turns out if you follow the pattern and don't accidentally miss an decrease, thus adding a few additional rows, the short rows fall in a much nicer part of the diamond pattern.  Who knew following the pattern exactly could yield such flawless results?

I then pulled out Pork Chop's Weasley Sweater



And knit the final belt tie.

I then knit two sleeves onto She-who-has-not-been-named's sweater



And even though it wasn't on the list of things to be done, I knit a cute pair of coordinating pants



Yup, I started and finished these yesterday afternoon, because...BABY PANTS!  That's why.

I still need to weave in the ends and block everything, but I'm gonna put that off until next week.  I'm telling myself I'm putting it off until the kids will be in school several days in a row, to give everything plenty of time to dry without discovery.  But the truth is, I'm just putting it off.

So three sweaters down(ish), two to go!  I've got the most obnoxiously bright pink yarn to knit a sweater for Bird, but I'm having trouble finding a pattern I like.  I've found a pattern for a hooded sweater that screams "BIRD!"  But I don't think I have enough yarn for a hooded sweater in her size.  Nothing else has caught my eye.  So I see lots of Ravelry searching in my future.   I haven't even begun to think of what to knit for Sweet Pea, neither yarn not pattern.  But I'm sure I'll find something.  The Greatest does not get another Weasley Sweater until I see him wear the one I knit him last year:  a vision of a sweater that took over a decade to bring to fruition.  I know we live in the desert, but he has not worn it once.  Not ONCE!  I'm starting to think he is not knit-worthy.  I love him anyways.

And because I'm feeling especially round today



33 weeks.  I'm too lazy to pull out my tripod, so you get a dirty bathroom mirror picture.  Just keeping it realz around here!  I am loving how my  Darling Emma looks belted over my beach ball belly.  Theoretically I could wake up one morning, a month from now, and there will be a whole new person who didn't exist the day before.  But I'm hoping she takes just a bit more than a month to make her grand entrance.  I'm not nearly ready for this.

No comments: