Tuesday, June 03, 2014

Try Try Again

Can I be happy for 100 days in a row?

It turns out I can not.

I can be happy for 92 days in a row.

And then I will be hit with a stomach bug.

An epic stomach bug.

It had to be epic because I don't do anything half way.

It started with me puking into the trash can in the mens room of a quaint little Vietnamese restaurant in the middle of a fancy going away party for a dear friend who is moving.

Not to be indiscreet or grossly graphic, but I was puking into the trash can because I was already using the toilet.

My friend calls this a "North and South" bug.

For fourteen hours I puked.

And prayed for death.

I'm fairly certain that nine hours in I puked up my spleen.

That's alright.  I'm not entirely sure I was using my spleen anyways.

Even when the puking stopped the "Southern" aspects of my illness remained for several days leaving me weak and severely dehydrated.  I have a nurse friend who is convinced that a week later I still need IV fluids.

In all this mess I didn't pump and I most certainly didn't have any happy moments.

So close and yet so far.

You know what they say...If at first you don't succeed...

You can look forward to another three months of Fridays filled with happiness.

No comments: