Sunday, January 25, 2015

Almost A Quilt

Boo-Yah!



I did it!

What you see before you is a six foot wide, seven foot long quilt that was completely quilted in one day!

Boom!

I'm awesome...

ish...

As long as you don't look too close.

There may be a flaw or two in my free motion quilting technique.  It took me a fourth of the quilt to get in the groove, and then I was in the groove for another fourth of  the quilt, and then I should have stopped to rest.

But I was in the groove!

I was quilting like it was my job!

I want to finish the freaking thing sometime this year!

So I pushed through the pain.  I ruined my manicure.  I tried to rise.  Thread broke, needles (yes, needles with an s) broke.  Bobbins ran out of thread at the most inconvenient times.  There was not time to eat or hydrate or go to the bathroom.  I had a quilt to quilt.  At one point, and I'm still not entirely sure how I did this, but at one point I actually quilted my special machine quilting foot to the quilt.

Sometimes I even amaze myself with the things I do.

So the last half of the quilt is a little rough.

But that doesn't matter.



Sweet Pea already adores is.

And that is the only thing that matters.

Just binding to go.

And of course, The Queen's crib size quilt still needs sandwiched and quilted and bound.  But it should be a piece of cake after this twin size monstrosity right?

1 comment:

katiemetzroth said...

Well done! I looked closely and it looks amazing!
At some point this year, one of my month resolutions will be to learn to use my sewing machine....You inspire me!