Thursday, January 29, 2015

It Only Took Five Years

As promised, I have another finished sweater to show off this week.

According to Ravelry I started this sweater on August 5th, 2010.  And I finished it August 21st, 2010.

And I'm just now showing it off.

I suck.

Better late than never right?


Pattern:  Olivette

Yarn:  Cascade 220, 5 skeins

Needles:  Size 8 Addi Turbos

Modifications:  I don't actually remember, but according to my Ravelry notes I added two rows of waist shaping.  And apparently when I went to block the sweater I let it sit in water for a week.  I guess cream colored fungus began growing on my sweater.  I'm sure that step was integral to the success of my sweater.

Review:


Forgive the fold lines in my sweater.  It was buried on the top shelf of my closet.  It is true.  I have so many hand knit sweaters I lose them on my closet shelf.  Which is a shame.  Because I love this sweater!


Apparently when I first knit this sweater it was a touch too big.  But since I'm carrying baby weight (seriously, how long do I get to call it that?  When she goes to college is it still "baby weight")


That doesn't appear to be a problem anymore. 

I love this sweater.  Just look at the pretty cables.


I love the orderly lines of cables and lace.  The sleeves have extra deep ribbing at the cuffs.  And did you notice I not only found PERFECT buttons, but I actually buttoned my cardigan?  I never button my cardigan.  But this one looks so cute buttoned.

This sweater is definitely a win.  I wore it on Monday and ever since I've been plotting my next one.  For future reference I want to make the sleeves a *touch* longer.  And I think I'll add three inches to the body.  

In more current news...

The Queen is snotty and congested.  Which does not lend itself to a good night's sleep.  

But I won't let it get me down.

Despite all the "help" I got from Queen Bean today...


I managed to pin out her quilt.


I'm starting to think I might finish this before she outgrows her crib!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

It's lovely! Well, you documented and took photos of it; pat yourself on the back. I have sweaters I still have to write up and photograph. Probably my not being so keen on photos of me has something to do with it.

AngelKnitter said...

I am so, so in love with this sweater. And that baby.

I think I will lose 80 pounds so I can knit this sweater and look as good as you!

katiemetzroth said...

At some point, my friends are going to ask me to stop showing them pictures of this cute wee girl and making them admire her....but that hasn't happened yet. :)

It must be something in the air. I finished a scarf this past weekend that needed a patch sewn on it for like 10 years. :)