Tuesday, June 23, 2015

This Is What Failure Feels Like

So last week I came down with a stomach bug.

Gastroenteritis.

And I lovingly shared it with The Greatest.

Cause I'm a giver.

It involved lots of intense stabbing stomach pain.  And lots of sitting very still on the couch and not moving.  Because moving caused more stabby pain.

It was big fun.

And by big fun I mean I prayed for the sweet release of death.

And I knit.

I knit the entire back of my Jamestown.


Does that look off to anyone else but me?

The armscye is super deep.

Like as long the the body of the sweater deep.


I don't know about you but I don't need an armscye that is a foot deep.

My gauge was all kinds of crazy.

I got spot on gauge with my gauge swatch.  And the slender cables on the sides were good with gauge, but the middle section, the hashtag cables, they were off. And while it was contained on both sides by the slender cables it was manageable.  But as I decreased the side stitches the middle section and it's off gauge staged a hostile take over, until my armscye was threatening to eat the other half of the sweater.

If I had been knitting with wool I *might* have been able to block that out.

But I was knitting with acrylic.

And my stomach hurt too much to deal with this.

So I am once again the proud owner of three balls of yarn, and a set of empty size 7 needles.

Maybe sweaters just aren't my thing.

I'm reconsidering taking up chainsaw juggling.

If you need me I'll be in the backyard with this little moppet.


Like her siblings before her, she's a little fish.

1 comment:

AngelKnitter said...

I feel your pain. So deeply.

And she is adorable!!!!! I have been thinking about her sweet little self a lot lately.